Coming to Join us for 1 day Morning and or Afternoon Meditation class then Go back is Ok or Staying with us to meditate minimum of 3days 2nights to Maximum of 10 days are OK.
Please arrive before 4PM, if you are late the monastery might refuse the entry until the next day.
Documents Requirements are:
1. ATK test with a doctor certificate (valid for 24 hours) from hospital or private clinic.
2. Passport (not a copy) with valid Thailand visa(Strictly no overstay visas).
3. TM6 form(departure card).
Without these 3 documents the monastery have the right to refuse registration and cannot give any accommodation.
Conduct and behavior
While at Tam Wua, guests are under the Eight Precepts, which are as follows:
- I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from taking life.
- I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from taking what is not given.
- I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from unchastity.
- I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from false speech.
- I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from intoxicants which cause a careless frame of mind.
- I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from taking food at the wrong time.
- I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from dancing, music, visiting shows, flowers, make-up, the wearing of ornaments and decorations.
- I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from a luxurious or high sleeping place.
Tam Wua will show some flexibility; for example eating fruit or biscuits in the evening, or wearing small jewelry isn’t an issue. But be aware of the behavior that is expected from you. Please show respect to the monks, the monastery space, and the practice of others. We have zero tolerance for smoking, drug use, stealing and sexual activity.
Tam Wua is operated totally by volunteers, with the help of guests. If you pass somebody carrying bags of rice, lend a hand. If someone has a stack of serving pots to wash, take one and clean it. If we all help a little, the workload doesn’t fall on just a couple of people.
Additionally, help is appreciated during these periods:
- 05:00 – in the kitchen for breakfast preparation
- 07:30 – setting up the meditation cushions
- 16:00 – leaf raking on the monastery grounds
- 17:30pm – setting up the meditation cushions
The monks are a direct line to the teachings of the Buddha. In Thai Buddhism, monks are respected like the Buddha himself. Please keep this in mind during all interactions. For example, do not talk during a class. During a blessing, place your palms together.
Tam Wua is a place for people to progress spiritually, in a friendly, open environment with a focus on Vipassana mediation. Please try to avoid causing hindrances to others. For example, talking loudly in the evening while another person might be trying to meditate.